The Truth About Pre Owned Cars in America
On June 16, 1903, when Ford Motor Company first opened its doors, the world was changed forever. Ford began to mass produce cars thus giving everyone the ability to own their very own vehicle. Now, over a hundred years later, the mass production of vehicles has filled streets and driveways all across the world. In the United States, there are more than 30 automobile companies currently selling vehicles to Americans. Of these companies, which one is the best? The answer is not as simple as a specific brand name. Vehicles are like puzzles. Every single piece fits together in order to create a beautiful, reliable work of art. Just take a look outside, notice all the colors and shapes that cars can take.
Who Makes the Vehicles On Our Streets
Since the United States is home to plenty of car brands (and thousands of car models therein), your choices are plentiful. Your first decision should be whether you’d like to take the new car route or the pre owned car route. Let’s say you choose used, what now? Pre owned cars aren’t too different from new cars, if you know where to look. When you decide on a high-quality brand, pre owned cars stand above new cars.
According to U.S. News, the top five car brands are Lexus, Porsche, Mercedes, Buick, and Toyota (Honda is an honorable mention). This is derived from these car brands’ “Average Reliability Score,” which is defined by how reliable the car brands are out of a score of 5. Yes, these car brands are high-end, but the reason they fall under that category is due to their higher grade mechanics and workmanship. When you decide to buy a pre owned luxury car, you’ll be welcomed with a lower price tag and all the same high-quality attributes.
When it comes to purchasing your next car, you undoubtedly want one that’s reliable and safe. If you’re going the pre owned route, it is best to choose from one of the brands listed above. Perhaps the price tag may be slightly higher than that of a more economic brand but you get what you paid for. Used luxury brands offer more security while on the road. If you’re an individual and you’re looking to purchase a pre owned car, you should be aware of your options.
Subcompact Cars: For the Individual
Subcompact cars are as small as they come. Their size is perfect for smaller people or for those who are looking for a small, simple to maintain car that’s also great on mileage. Here is one great subcompact option:
- Honda Fit: With four redesigns since 2007, the Honda Fit comes in different shapes to suit your needs. One thing remains true, the Fit is an excellent choice for those who want a sub compact, yet comfortable ride. With an excellent MPG of 33 city/40 highway, the Fit is easy on the wallet as well.
Compact Cars: For Those Who Want a Bit More Space
Compact cars make up most of the vehicles you see out on the street, and for good reason! These types of cars are fuel efficient, roomy and easy to drive. It’s really no wonder why most people choose compact cars as their vehicle of choice.
- Toyota Corolla: One of the most popular compact cars on the market, the Toyota Corolla offers reliability at a price many can afford. The mechanics of the Corolla hold all the values people come to expect from Toyota. When you get behind the wheel of a Corolla, you’ll notice just how well it handles. Toyota is also well known for its reliability and safety standards. You really can’t go wrong with a Corolla, or with Toyota.
Midsize Cars: Comfort and Reliability
Midsize cars are slightly larger than compact cars but they still boast the same excellent fuel efficiency. If you’re on the hunt for a bit more of a luxurious charm, then you should take a look at midsize cars. They’re roomier and more comfortable, making them the perfect choice for those who tend to have passengers in their vehicles.
- Honda Accord: Another Honda, the Accord can also be seen as one of the most popular midsize cars on the road today. The Accord has held this title for as long as it’s been out on the market. With its low price point and high value, the Accord is a great option for many.
Luxury Cars: Driving In Class Has Never Been Easier
Luxury cars are obviously luxurious, but what makes them achieve this connotation? Of course the leather seats and high-end interior may be what catches your eye at first, but once you put the keys in the ignition and take her for a spin, you’ll truly understand the meaning of “luxury.” When it comes to luxury, most brands will be good options. Lexus, Porsche, Mercedes, and Buick all have excellent average reliability scores. Their prices may vary and the options fill the entire spectrum of car sizes and needs. If you decide on purchasing a pre owned luxury vehicle, you can feel confident in whatever you choose. Regardless, we’ll list some options for you to consider.
- Lexus ES: A powerful, yet fuel efficient engine is atop many future car owners’ list of “needs.” The ES offers this, as well as all you’ve come to expect from a luxury brand such as Lexus. A beautiful interior along with a breathtaking exterior design makes the ES a great choice for those who want to drive in style.1
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class: The E-Class offers a plethora of vehicles, from sedans and wagons to coupes and convertibles. When you see the designation of “E-Class” you can expect an incredibly reliable, beautifully designed vehicle. Depending on what you want and need, there’s a good chance you’ll find an E-Class that will perfectly suit you.
- Buick Enclave: The only SUV listed in this article, the Enclave is a wonderful option for families that need a spacious, safe ride that’s easy to maneuver. When taking your family from A to B, you undoubtedly want the vehicle they’re in to be the safest option available. This, and much more, is exactly what the Enclave has to offer.
Driving Toward Your Dreams in a Pre Owned Car
The true beauty of luxury and higher-end vehicles is their excellent lifespan. The difference between brand new car and a pre owned cars are slim, especially if they’re higher class. Although the differences in quality and style are minute, the difference in price will astound you. Imagine being able to buy a pre owned, beautiful, higher class vehicle for the same price as a small, new vehicle. That’s the reality when you decide to purchase a pre owned car. Take on the road in style, with a reliable vehicle that gives you peace of mind you deserve.